XP Admin Account Blunder

AbodeMilano 15:38 14 Jul 2007

I was in the user accounts and I decided I didnt want to be called "Administrator" so I created a new account with desired name and set it to be an admin account. now I have the new account but the one called Administrator has vanished, thus meaning I cant get to the files in my documents etc..

i tried to create another one called Administrator to see if I could get it back but it says one with that name exists even though it doesnt appear on the list of users!!! Please help as Im really in trouble if I cant get back in.

AbodeMilano 15:51 14 Jul 2007

Ok I found how I can access my stuff but I want to log in as Administrator because my itunes library etc is on there but I cant figure how to switch.

Batch 17:07 14 Jul 2007

Exactly what OS are you using?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 14 Jul 2007

TRy

Using My computer navigate to
C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\Application data\Apple computer

Drag or copy the folder Apple Computer to C:\Documents and settings\"Your username"\Application data

To switch
To log on with the Administrator account

1. If you are currently logged on to your computer, click Start, and then click Log Off. When prompted, click Switch User.

Note: If your computer is joined to an Active Directory, the Fast Users Switching feature will be disabled. This is a common change made to computers used for business. In fact, it happens automatically when a computer joins an Active Directory domain. However, this setting is not the default setting. Almost all computers in home environments will have Fast User Switching enabled.

2. On the Welcome screen, press CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard by holding down both the CTRL and ALT keys and then pressing DELETE.

3. The Log On to Windows dialog box appears. In the User name box, type Administrator. In the Password box, type your Administrator password, if you created one during Windows XP setup. If you have not assigned a password, or you do not know your password, leave the Password box blank. Click OK.

Windows XP logs you on using the Administrator account. You should use the Administrator account only when installing software or changing computer settings. When you are browsing the Web, reading e-mail, or performing other day-to-day computer tasks, you should be logged on using a limited account, as this helps to prvent hackers taking over your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?