XLS File

David-292376 23:29 27 Nov 2003

I have downloaded a excel file for a Caravan Site Fee Calculator. I have not got Microsoft Word to use it, but I can view it with the Free Microsoft Excel Viewer. I have got Openoffice, which you are able to open XLS files, so I thought I could use that. When I open the file it comes up with "Error Loading Document File Read-Error This File Is Password Protested" I have not had this problem before opening xls files this way with Openoffice

VoG II 23:35 27 Nov 2003

Please can you post a link to the download. Just go to the site that you downloaded it from then highlight the address and press CTRL+C. Then come back here and press CTRL+V.

David-292376 23:42 27 Nov 2003

Hi There
It a java script window, I got the site off click here. Scroll down to Site Fee Calculators

VoG II 00:03 28 Nov 2003

II have been able to open the file OK (in MS Office) but my normal "unprotect" routines do not work. Furthermore, attempting to unprotect the VBA code gives a corrupt file message.

Therefore, I suspect that the file is corrupt/damaged (99%) or that they have found a way of protecting the file that I cannot overcome (1%).

David-292376 00:07 28 Nov 2003

Thanks very much for trying, has anyone else got any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Musique en streaming : Spotify vs Deezer