XL - need to identify duplicate entries in columns

Shortstop 08:40 22 Sep 2008

Hi,

I have run 3 reports and downloaded these each onto an XL 95 sheet for work and part of the report is reference numbers. I now need to identify any reference numbers that appear across any 2 or all 3 of these reports.

This detail is held in a single column on each report, but not in the same place [i.e. column S on one sheet and column W on another]. Is there any way that XL can list copy entries or highlight duplicate numbers appearing? At the moment they are on separate XL sheets, but the detail can be copied & pasted easily enough - either to a single worksheet, across different tabs or left on the each original report, which ever is easier.

There are over 2,000 lines per report and I have tried to list the detail per reference number but there are just so many numbers!! I am hoping to make this checking both faster and more accurate!

TIA

Paul

sinbads 09:38 22 Sep 2008

not sure if this will help click here

Picklefactory 10:48 22 Sep 2008

click here
VoG™ has the answer (As usual)

Picklefactory 10:49 22 Sep 2008

They would need to be in a single column on the same worksheet for this particular method to work.

Shortstop 11:31 22 Sep 2008

and, of course, to VOG!

Works perfectly!

BR

Paul

Picklefactory 14:49 22 Sep 2008

Glad to help.

Just a note, if you wouldn't mind ticking thread as resolved, it saves people still looking to solve it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?