XFS drive with Vista

Bad_Boy1022 11:11 26 Mar 2009

Hi Chaps

more brain needed please.

Here's my problem. I have a WD 1TB worldboo NAS. It's formatted in XFS. Vista can it on the network.

My problem is this my 1TB NAS has outgrowned itself, and therefore, I got a Drobo capable of handling upto 16TB in future.

The Drobo is at the moment connected by USB to my pc. I formatted the Drobo to XFS too, I do not have a Droboshare yet to use the drobo as a NAS.

I need to transfer all the data from that WD nas to my new Drobo, as now I have the capacity.

The problem vista is not seeing the drobo in my computer, and now I cannot transfer the data from the WD NAS. I need the drobo to be formatted to XFS as, XFS can handle files bigger that 4GB, which 98% are.

How can i make vista this drobo via usb?

Ashrich 14:57 29 Mar 2009

I don't think that native Vista can see or read XFS file systems as it is a Linux/Unix format , try using VM ware or Wine on the Vista install

Ashley

Bad_Boy1022 15:43 29 Mar 2009

Hi ashley

I managed to get it sorted. Vista cannot read xfs. So instead, the xfs HHdrive is connected to a linux box, and from the linux which can see my 1TB Nas, I am copying dat from the nas to xfs drive this way. (, a bit a slow, but it's working

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?