XBox360 Live and AOL Connection

Markus 20:31 13 Feb 2006

Has anyone managed to crack the mystery of connecting to AOL broadband without using a hub.I have tried the method supplied by AOL but it does not work for the new XBox360. All the help that I have managed to get from AOL is just a repeat of the broadband help article.

I am not a gamer myself but my Grandson is mad about XBox and when he visits he would like to use my PC to play live. We have been trying to make a working connection for three weeks now with out success. Any advice would be welcome apart from not using AOL. After this experience I am seriously thinking of moving elsewhere although to be honest I have never had anything but good service from AOL for the last six years.

sicknote 02:04 14 Feb 2006
  Markus 13:45 14 Feb 2006

Thanks for the link. I am reasonably sure that we tried this link and like everything else we tried it failed to achieve a connection. I think that it has something to do with the DNS value which is automatically inserted, or should be. This is the point of failure.

My grandson will be back home from University at the weekend so I will get him over and retry everything once more. Maybe if I go the way of installing a router that may help. Fingers crossed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?