Xbox and wireless connection set-up help

Killo Bite 00:40 05 Dec 2007

Got to set-up a Xbox using one of the Wireless XBox adpater things but unsure if the following is possible. So as follows, I Have described it.

PC winXP downstairs with a Netgear Wireless router, another pc upstairs in room going to connect a wirless Netgear Adapter to make wireless connection.

My problem is the Xbox Console, if using a Xbox Wireless adapter, can the Xbox stay in sons bedroom, plug in the XBox Wireless adapter to the upstairs pc and the Xbox console picks up the adapter from the uptairs pc. Is their a built in wirsless adapter inside the Xbox console or do I need 2 XBox Adapters ?

Also can the Netgear Wireless USB adapter & the XBox Wireless adpater both be fitted to one pc or have I lodt the plot and got it all wrong.

Help please cos I need tomake sure it all works for xmas. Thank u

MCE2K5 01:21 05 Dec 2007

Hard to decipher what you wrote, But I think I got the gist of it.

"My problem is the Xbox Console, if using a Xbox Wireless adapter, can the Xbox stay in sons bedroom" = Yes (Connects Wirelessly to your Router).

"Also can the Netgear Wireless USB adapter & the XBox Wireless adpater both be fitted to one pc or have I lodt the plot and got it all wrong."
I think you have lost the plot [JOKE ;o) ].

Just connect the Xbox Wireless adapter to XBox(360) and connect through router.

Has the xbox got a hard drive fitted ?

Killo Bite 01:29 05 Dec 2007

Thanks for the call!

Don't know if its got a HDD in the Xbox. Have some got them and some not got HDD's in them ? If its not got a HDD fitted, is one needed and does this work like a PC HDD as in used for Storing Games.

I get the gist how the adapter works now, but the HDD er could you explain please. Thanks

MCE2K5 01:32 05 Dec 2007

This explains it all, click here

MCE2K5 01:39 05 Dec 2007

Which XBox 360 did you buy,

If you look at this list, click here
Only The Arcade Version has no Hard Drive as Standard (They are Extra) 20 Gig or 120 Gig.

Killo Bite 01:39 05 Dec 2007

All makes sense now, just worry about hoping the wirless connection with it works. I have saved the site as a favourite, pleanty of diagrams and stuff.

Thanks for the rapid response and also thanks for sorting me out. !

Goodnite and best wishes (even tough its a little early)

Killo Bite 01:41 05 Dec 2007

Thanks again.

MCE2K5 01:43 05 Dec 2007

"does this work like a PC HDD as in used for Storing Games". In a word No, You can Download Games (Original XBox1) Games and XBox360 Demo's, Film (When they get round to it).
You can also RIP Audio CD's to the H/D to play while Playing XBox360 games (Most, Not all).

Does that help?

MCE2K5 01:51 05 Dec 2007

Set up an Xbox360, click here

System Use, click here

If you have a Windows XP Media Center 2005 PC or Vista Home Premium or Utimate, click here

MCE2K5 01:53 05 Dec 2007

Above links @ 01:51 from Canadian Xbox360 website as UK's is rubbish (Hard to find things out).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Album Art 2017: Nominees & past winners of Best Art Vinyl Awards to be exhibited

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?