xbox Problems - HELP PLEASE

piggylen 13:34 05 Apr 2009

Hello
I am trying to set up my son's xbox to go "live" but when I enter my email address, it tells me it can't accept it from that domain, and asks me for another address. I have only got one email address and I am stuck. Tech support at Xbox.com doesn't make any sense. Anybody out there who can help in good old plain ENGLISH!!! Ta very much x

Fred05 14:28 05 Apr 2009

Is your email address a 'hotmail' address i.e MSN?
see answers at yahoo.com

Graphicool1 14:46 05 Apr 2009

Hi, I have an Xbox 360, although as yet I haven't connected to play on line.
Have you been here click here

piggylen 15:34 05 Apr 2009

Hello Geho. Thanks for your reply. Have managed to sort it out - I have opened an accout with hotmail and that seems to have solved the problem. We have registered with a 12 months subscription for "gold" membership. My son has his headphones on - but can't hear anything. Should he hear voices as soon as he starts playing, or are we doing something else wrong!!

Graphicool1 16:02 05 Apr 2009
  ACOLYTE 21:44 05 Apr 2009

Didint you get a free one month trial gold account?, dont know if they still do that but when i set up live account they gave me 1 month free to decide if i wanted the gold account or not.
But basically if you dont go gold then going online is pretty much useless,as you need this to be able to play with others.

piggylen 10:09 06 Apr 2009

Hi
Many thanks for all your help. Happy to say xbox is up and running on a wireless connection and WE ARE LIVE!!! Didn't bother with month's free trial - just gone for it with a 12 month subscription. It's brilliant!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone