Xbox 360 won't stay connected to Netgear router

Toffeeapple 18:54 06 Jan 2008

I have a netgear wireless router and my son is having problems picking up the wireless connection on his XBox 360 (he has purchased all the necessary gear) as he keeps losing connection every few seconds. He has now bought a lead that runs from one side of the house to the other!!! This obviously does not come under the rules of health and safety in my household and I am wondering is anybody out there has a solution to this please. Thanks.

wids001 06:58 07 Jan 2008

I had the same problem with my setup. Router downstairs with wi-fi connection to my son's bedroom. At best he gets a low or very low signal to his computer, although this didn't seem to cause many probs save for an occasional loss of connection. However, when we tried to connect his x-box by wi-fi he was continually losing connection.

After spending £60 on a wi-fi card I wasn't prepared to keep throwing even more money at this when the simple answer was a 30 metre cable routed around doors and along the skirtings. I have also since added another cable for a direct connection to his computer as well. Signal to that is now excellent!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone