x850 XT with Flat Panel Monitor, resolution prob

Keith C 23:08 28 Feb 2006

I recently upgraded by graphics card to a Radeon x850 XT AGP. I have a flat panel display. I removed all the old drivers etc. However, some of the games load and they're all jumbled up on the screen. the only resolutions I can choose are 800x600 and 1280x768 but when the games are in 800x600 they load all jumbled on the screen and when I try 1280x768 some of the screen is not viewable. when I come out of my games my resolution in windows reverts back to 1280x768 instead of my preset resolution of 1280x960. As far as I'm aware I have all the correct drivers. I don't know what else I can do to get the graphics card to talk to the monitor better. Someone suggested updating my motherboard drivers? I don't know if that would solve the issue. If anyone has had this problem or any ideas on how to fix it i'd appreciate it!

CurlyWhirly 00:50 01 Mar 2006

I have exactly the same graphics card as you having recently upgraded myself!

I can't help you with your TFT monitor query but I am led to believe that you should run the TFT at it's native resolution.

Regarding the desktop icons being jumbled on the screen, this is quite normal but I use a CRT monitor not a TFT monitor so I'm not sure whether the native resolution should change by default?

You may be able to fix the problem by updating your motherboard drivers but if I was you I would wait to see if someone can help who actually uses a TFT monitor but no harm done as if nothing else my reply will refresh your post ;)

CurlyWhirly 00:53 01 Mar 2006

p.s. you are running the latest Catalyst drivers I assume?

They are version 6.2

click here

CurlyWhirly 00:55 01 Mar 2006

Oops wrong link.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone