X-Box

Ian in Northampton 15:16 11 Dec 2010

Sorry if tyhis is the wrong forum, but I'm hoping there are some X-Box-knowledgeable types out there...

Trying to decide for my son for Christmas between the new X-Box with 4GB and the one with 250GB. The difference in price is ~£50 or so, and we'd rather not spend that if we don't have to. On the other hand, is the 4GB one little more than a doorstop? What do you use the additional disk space for. Can he borrow games and load them on the hard drive? It seems like he could upgrade the 4GB to 250GB later if he needed to, for around the same £50. He 90% plays Call of Duty Modern Warfare on an older generation X-Box (not sure how much storage that had). Any advice much appreciated on the topic of buying an X-Box.

gengiscant 15:59 11 Dec 2010

With the bigger harddrive he can transfer (install) the games onto the hard drive, The games then load quicker, and the xbox doesn't make that awful racket with the disc spinning madly all the time,so an xbox owning friend tells me.

rdave13 16:15 11 Dec 2010

I've bought one of these 4 GB X-box and apparently you can connect an external HDD? It comes with an HDMI cable.Tested the wireless umm controller/joystick and works well. As you say £50 cheaper and as my son is only nearing 8 yrs old it should be good enough.......
Try the Games forum, they'll be able to put you right.

rdave13 16:52 11 Dec 2010

PS, it's also compatible with kinnects?? or something. Not really studied it until Santa delivers on the day.

Ian in Northampton 17:06 11 Dec 2010

Many thanks guys. I'll try the games forum too.

Jameslayer 18:28 11 Dec 2010

click here A link to Amazon were their are lots of comments about the x-box 4gb.

Yes it works with kinnects.

superhoops 19:21 11 Dec 2010

Must just mention that if you instal the game on the hard drive you will still need the disc in the xbox to play. My hard drive is 60gb I think and only about 3gb is used, downloaded demos and game saves.

Ian in Northampton 19:32 11 Dec 2010

Thanks again. Have transferred the question to the 'Games' forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?