Wxpsp3 restore after formating out C drive

immer 16:38 02 Aug 2009

I have C/D/ partitions of 50 gig & seagate as well, and have backups on E & seagate as well as CD. Because C was getting constipated I formated i out with a one pass cleaner with a view to reinstalling the OS back to C (my Original discs).
Have done this before on W98 no probs, but this time I cannot get my OS to reload. Is it because its partitions on system are WxpSP3 perhaps.
I have acronis & a .TIB system backup on E drive but with my acronis operatng from the CD it says it wont work from remote media.
Tried my laptop O/S but it wouldnt bot either. tried changing cd driver also nogo.
How can I procede...any ideas please.....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:42 02 Aug 2009

SATA drive?

You may have to load the SATA drivers at the F6 prompt for XP to see the drive

immer 17:55 02 Aug 2009

This would be the motherboard drivers perhaps...?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 02 Aug 2009

Yes but unfortunately XP wants them on a floppy.

You could always slipstream drivers and XP and SP3 to a CD usinig something like nlite click here

click here

immer 17:06 03 Aug 2009

did a DL on that to laptop, made a CD & tried to load to the PC patient in question....no joy...mmm HELP !

woodchip 17:45 03 Aug 2009

What OS are you wanting to put on as I can only see you said 98

immer 22:15 03 Aug 2009

XP before,SP3, and trying to reinstall the same XP from original discs.

woodchip 23:35 03 Aug 2009

If the TI Image is any other partition than the first on External drive, Acronis will not see it. You will need to move the Image to first partition on the drive using another computer. Acronis CD should then let you boot and restore the Image

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?