www.com?

Mad Boy 16:51 06 Apr 2003

I have made my Html pages with Microsoft Frontpage, how can i put them on the internet with a .com address for FREE if possible?

You can't. .com addresses are the most expensive as they do not indicate (on the planet) where you are situated.

the only way you can upload your pages for free is via your ISPs Free Webspace, if they offer you any. Otherwise you would have to buy a domain name and then pay for a host to look after your website.

Mad Boy 19:01 06 Apr 2003

What about .co.uk

he he :-)™ 19:06 06 Apr 2003

probably not but you can get free 1's with the companys name in that hosts it.

Mad Boy 19:09 06 Apr 2003

Ok then, so whats a good host which may offer this or where can i get a cheap domain (I believe you have to pay monthly though for this)?

Thanks for your time

billyliv 19:57 06 Apr 2003

Hi, I own a .com from 'Freeola' I pay a registration fee every two years. Anyone can find out your name and address if they type your domain name into a Domain search engine. Cheers, Bill

Mad Boy 20:33 06 Apr 2003

Cheers mate, where can i find Freeola from and how much do you pay very 2 years?

Also theres no catch is there?

Thanks Bill

bigdamouk 22:37 06 Apr 2003
  Cantillion 22:42 06 Apr 2003

I used click here to register my domain names. They use URL masking which means you can host your site on your ISP servers, and point your URL to this site. And if you ever want to switch to "proper" hosting, you can easily switch the domain name to another provider. It only costs a tenner to register a .co.uk addy (£30 for a .com) - AND there are no monthly costs! (you do of course have to pay for the renewal after two years).

Forum Editor 23:27 06 Apr 2003

are renewable, mostly at two-year intervals. Domain hosting costs vary, and some hosts will 'park' your domain for nothing.

Be very wary about anyone who appears to be offering services free of charge - "Nothing is for nothing" is as true on the Internet as anywhere else, and when you come to think about it, why on earth should a company provide expensive services for nothing? Many people have found that some 'free' hosts charge considerable fees for moving a domain and/or take forever to do it.

spuds 00:31 07 Apr 2003

Suggest that you look at click here they have various packages on offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?