Wrong log-in password ?

crespo 23:06 16 Dec 2014

I've wrongly typed in the password for my Amazon account in trying to log in to PayPal. Will the wrong password be remembered and will i have to change my Amazon password because of it ? I'm a 60-something silver surfer and all this is confusing me.

spuds 23:47 16 Dec 2014

If you have typed in the wrong password, then it should result in rejection, Using the correct password should continue, as before.

Most websites have a 'forgotten password' facility, that will either send you an email reminder, or provide a reset of a new password option.

crespo 00:00 17 Dec 2014

Thanks, but will the "wrong" password be remembered by the website and do i need to change my passwords ?

crespo 00:00 17 Dec 2014

Thanks, but will the "wrong" password be remembered by the website and do i need to change my passwords ?

spuds 00:28 17 Dec 2014

You should be able to change your passwords at any time, if you want to give yourself better security or use a password that you can easily remember. You would need to do this via the website facility.

Like I said earlier, your 'wrong' password would have been rejected or unrecognised. It will not use or store the wrong password, unless you made the correct original notification or signing-in, because if it did, then anyone could change your password without your authority.

Try your original password,if you can remember it, and see if that works, it should. If it doesn't, then it would do the same it as already done, and that is to reject your attempt to gain entry to your account.

But be warned some security measures might be in hand, if you put the wrong details in a number of times, and then you might need to contact the service provider for further help and instructions.

BillSers 01:10 17 Dec 2014

As above but your browser may remember the incorrect password and auto fill this in when you try to log in again. What browser are you using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?