I found that surfing was slower than usual and noticed that my connection speed was 33.600bps instead of the normal 52.000bps. This is running Win98se, I tried on XP and it was 52.000bps. Have checked the modem settings and can find nothing wrong. Does anyone know what I am missing please, (that is besides a lack of grey matter.)
Thanks for response guys, I am quite happy with the XP connection its Win98se that is slow and that is my choice of OS (I hate XP) I will however try to update drivers. stlucia I ran both OS's at same time of day and consistently get the same results i.e. XP 52.000bps and Win98se 33.600bps. I have contacted Freeserve but it takes about 4 days for them to answer so will have to wait unless some one is able to point me in the right direction.
Thanks for prodding the grey stuff for me, a simple driver update solved the problem and back on 52.000bps. The modem is a USB desktop and is only couple of months old and it needed a driver update. Just shows where computers are concerned don't discount anything.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.