wrar help

patso 13:35 13 Mar 2006

i have downloaded a wrar file which says it is a film .i installed wrar and all my zip icons have changed to an icon showing books.how do i use wrar to unzip this file and view it in everyday terms as it is only new to me and was recommended to me to install.im using xp home with sp2.any help please

Diemmess 13:40 13 Mar 2006

Winrarr is a sort of later version of Winzip.

Now it is installed, all zipped files can be opened with Winrarr (The pile of books)
Doubleclick on the file you wish to open and the file/files will appear in a new small window. You can copy or run them once you see the recognisable file in this window.

patso 20:59 13 Mar 2006

diemmeess i have done what you said but no luck theres a media player file but when i click it i get a message winrar diagnostics message in a window saying no files to extract how do i open or save this file it shows 733,997.056 and packed 29,702,386

Diemmess 08:48 14 Mar 2006

Perhaps the W media file has wrongly been tagged as rar.
You could look in My Computer for the file and see details and look for a different subscript like avi or wave.

If you find a clue here, try right click and properties, then "Open With" and select WMF.

In case this is still wrong, make sure there is no tick in the box which offers "Always open with"

Having installed Winrarr it is normal that all genuinely zipped files will change their icon, but check this for yourself on another one you know to be zipped, it should unzip normally and as before.

patso 13:10 14 Mar 2006

thanks again for replying diemmess sorry for the delay i will check again and let you know how i get on

ACOLYTE 13:39 14 Mar 2006

Well to get you zip icons back,open win rar by clicking the book icon that should be on your desktop,then click options/setting's,then in the box that opens click the intergration tab at the end and on the left hand side untick "zip" this should get winzip to open zip files.To open a rar file you just click the file icon(the book) and it should open in a cascade view of whats inside the rar ,to open to the desktop click the wizard icon on the top and click finish,it selects the desktop as default so to save somwhere else browse to that place.

patso 23:09 29 Mar 2006

thanks ac and diemess sorry i forgot to post back many apologies patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?