geewis357 20:33 22 Apr 2008

Hi Guys,
A friend of mine is trying to get setup with a sky wifi router the instructions says it is set to wpa but the wifi card in her pc is set to wep and not be set to wep or disable, with no rj45 socket to hard wire the thing and reconfigure the router is there any other way than take my laptop round and do this through a network cable.

  irishrapter 20:59 22 Apr 2008

Are you looking to change the router to use WEP?

You can do this but only if you connect via the Ethernet cable. I would strongly suggest not to do this as WEP is flawed and can be easily broken.

If the computer can not use WPA then I would suggest to upgrade the wireless card / adapter to one that can, rather than risk the security of the network.

  geewis357 21:04 22 Apr 2008

Thanks irishrapter but at this stage this is the only option. I will take the laptop to work tomorrow and do it then. Im I right in sugesting that the router need not be conected to the internet just to 240v

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?