wpa

swansong 17:37 09 Feb 2009

I have just moved from sky to bt vision, I opted for bt home hub2.0 although the three blue lights are on I can only connect to the internet through the ethernet cable. how do I get wpa so that I am able to register my wireless key. I have a Dell dimension C521 with windows vista home. Any help is appreciated.

brundle 18:01 09 Feb 2009

Have you pushed one of the buttons on the side to allow association with a new wireless device?

swansong 17:10 10 Feb 2009

Tried pushing the butons at the side but the problem still exists

brundle 17:14 10 Feb 2009

More details - can you can associate a device with the homehub at all? Or do you want to change the encryption method on the hub, or your laptop?
Do you see any error messages? Can you see other local wireless networks when you scan with your laptop?

Cockney Rebel 17:44 10 Feb 2009

Hi,
Have just fitted a new hub myself.Had no trouble connecting via ethernet cable to my pc but had similar troubles setting a wi fi link to my daiughters laptop.I was unable to get the laptop to see the new hub but I could see other hubs etc around but not mine.After calling BT I realised the laptop did not support the wireless "n" standard oonly the b/g.Could this be the case with your Dell?I had to go into the hub manager and set it to b+g.I also selected the channel manually and all was ok after that.Hope this is of some help.

woodchip 18:19 10 Feb 2009

You need to get into Setup page of the Hub Using Internet Explorer, you should have a address to put into address bar in IE Try this 192.168.1.1 then press enter Wireless settings will be one of the tabs or pages in the router Hub. You need to start Wireless the creat a Used SSID and a Encryption key Right these down for to put into the Wireless PC settings

brundle 20:14 10 Feb 2009

Homehub 2.0 supports 802.11b,g and n, and come with WEP enabled and the encryption code on a label at the back of the unit. There should be no need to configure anything.

woodchip 22:17 10 Feb 2009

It needs setting to WPA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?