Would you suggest?

Crazygeorge3 22:30 31 Oct 2007

click here
Would this PSU be safe? i want it for an AMD 3500+ and an 8800GT setup. I know everyone says you should't skimp on the PSU but this one seems ok.
Thanks!

exodus 22:41 31 Oct 2007

Hi, what makes you think it seems ok.
If it performs well under all load settings after years of use, then you have found a bargain.

Guaranteed sustained voltages under all load settings, are normally reflected in the price.

exo

Graham. 22:43 31 Oct 2007

Did you not see where it said 'Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject'?

It really does annoy those who could help you the most.

26 amps on 12 rail? dedicated pci x? stable voltage? efficient?
the link doesnt tell much, i bought a cheap psu once, never again.
my 530 watt hiper doesnt run either a 320 gts or a gtx.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:49 31 Oct 2007

If renewing a PSU check:

1. The physical size of your PSU, some are hard to replace due to being a non standard size.
2. The amount of power need from the PSU don't skimp

1. Physical Dimensions

Besides the specs and form factors, the physical dimensions are also important factors in selecting a compatible power supply. Here is an outline of the physical dimensions of most standard power supplies:

# ATX: 6x3.5x5.5", HxWxD. Most common. Uses 4 mounting screws.
# Mini-ATX: 5x3.5x5", HxWxD. Rare size. Uses 4 mounting screws. Can be used in a regular ATX case, but often not the other way around.
# MicroATX: 5x3x4", HxWxD. Use 3 mounting screws. Not interchangeable with ATX or miniATX.
# Flex ATX: Even smaller than Micro ATX. Various sizes according to case specs; often not interchangeable.

Use the data above to determine if a particular power supply would fit your case.

The quality of a power supply can be estimated by its weight. While this is not a true scientific or thorough measurement of the power supply reliability, it is nevertheless a very simple and easy way for ordinary PC users to estimate and compare the quality of a power supply.

2. Power supply calculator click here

Graham. 23:58 31 Oct 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/\

woodchip 00:04 01 Nov 2007

You are not going to get much for that money only rubbish

Crazygeorge3 15:56 01 Nov 2007

thanks for the suggestions, my budget is £30 and i think i can get an EZCOOL 600w for that price, would that be a better choice?

on a g80 graphics card, you really should think about upping the budget by at least double. a £200 graphics card uses a lot of power. to be honest running an 8800gt on a single core 2.2 gz chip with a bargain basement psu is not really the greatest of ideas. there are a few on here, myself included, who have had to build a new d/core system due to trying to push a graphics card that was simply in a totally different class to out systems.
i had a compaq presario 1909, amd 3500 with 4 gb of ram running xp, i upgraded graphics to a 7600 gt and the system was perfect. i then put 1 8800 gtx in and it was appawling all games slowed down constant 100% cpu, i now have a 6400 overclocked and my 8800 is till factory settings.
my advice is upgrade your system or lower you sights on a graphics card.

read the last entry click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?