Worm.Lover. a

Ankermi31 17:01 10 Aug 2008

Windows XP

Logging on to OE I got a warning up to say AVG Antispayware had detected something suspicious
Worm.Lover.a with various options.

I told it to remove and fix. As I am very careful I followed it up by trying to connection to IE as it said it had been detected in IE/Explorer/Exe. I found that though the icon was on the desktop it would not open neither would it from Explorer or from the Start Menu so I immediately restored it and its working fine.

Researched the net and it seems its something happening today.

I have run AVG again and its not shown up neither is it showing on SUPER Antispyware but the AVG warning popped up on it. A-Squared also ok.

Would appreciate help. I see in Install/Uninstall IE has no ability to remove it - has that always been the case or is that something amiss too!!

Thanks ankermi

birdface 17:57 10 Aug 2008

Looks like an AVG problem.click here=

birdface 18:08 10 Aug 2008

Looks like a false positive .ignore it and do not disable it.

birdface 00:40 11 Aug 2008

If you have SpywareBlaster downloaded open it and make sure Worm lover A is not disabled.If so enable it again.

Ankermi31 08:46 11 Aug 2008

Thank you Buteman.

Have followed your link and it is what I found last night and what is happening with them is what I have experienced though fortunately I did not lose IE7.

As to ignore it and not disabling it. Will this warning continue forever or will it eventually disappear ?

Do not have SpywareBlaster installed.

Thanks once more Buteman for your valued help.

Ankermi

birdface 09:26 11 Aug 2008

AVG Forum says it was a false positive that has now been sorted by a new update.I ran my AVG after seeing your post and found nothing,But as previous false positives decided to check SpywareBlaster and sure enough AVG had disabled the protection for Worm lover.A.It was just a matter of enabling it again.Unfortunately others had problems when they deleted it and then could not access I/Explorer.In my experience with AVG I always find it better to quarantine anything it finds,As it usually throws up a few False positives.

Ankermi31 12:59 11 Aug 2008

Hi buteman
Can confirm that the warning from AVG is no longer present on my computer. Seems I had a luck escape then not losing IE. I don't think I have lost "any parts" of it as it all seems to be functioning at the moment. Other than I do not have any remove in Control Panel for it though my updates for IE7 do. Not that I will need to uninstall it (I hope!).

Yes I agre always be on the save side though when I tried to quarantine on its own it also decided to affect IE it was only as I thought logically for once that I saved it!

Many many thanks again

Ankermi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?