WORLD EXCLUSIVE: AVG Anti-Virus 9,...Free

cocteau48 22:56 28 Aug 2010

Coming soon(31 Aug):click here

Graham. 00:15 29 Aug 2010

'If you're been using' doesn't inspire confidence.

octal 07:13 29 Aug 2010

It's free for one year, then you have to start paying for it. They are hoping once its on your computer you'll start paying for it when the year is up.

Andsome 07:43 29 Aug 2010

I'll stick with Eset Nod 32 security suite thanks. It has NEVER caused me any problems at all. I have never see any problems with it on forums, unlike McAffee, Norton, AVG etc

birdface 08:10 29 Aug 2010

Don't know about that.
I used it for a couple of years and had no problems with it.

cocteau48 A nice find.I will download it and keep it on my computer in case I want to use it again.
I am using MSE since I moved from AVG and not over keen on it.
Free for a year and then you have to pay for it.
It is only £5.99 from the same place as the freebie so not a lot pay out for a good security program.

cocteau48 08:15 29 Aug 2010

Isn't it wonderful .... you find a freebie and pass it on in the hope that it may be of use to someone and all you get are folks wanting to pick holes in it.

As it happens,from a personal point of view, I agree with Graham regarding issues with AVG since the last major upgrade but I am sure that it still has many devotees out there who would benefit from a years free subscription .... and I would have thought that a free year is still better than paying for it.

I am currently running Bullguard (which I got on a years free subscription) and I have been so impressed with it that I may just pay for its renewal. That is the whole point of running such a promotion ... is it not?

Perhaps in future I will just keep any "finds" to myself.

alan2273 09:02 29 Aug 2010

I have used AVG free for years and will takeup the offer when it becomes available, thanks to the OP for posting about it.

morddwyd 09:05 29 Aug 2010

Thanks.

The date is noted.

I am already using a free version of AVG 9, but I'll certainly check out the version number.

Like buteman, I started with MSE with Win 7, but have gone back to AVG.

Graham. 09:43 29 Aug 2010

I was merely pointing out the spelling mistaks.

Thanks, cocteau48, I have made a note of the date.

birdface 14:54 31 Aug 2010

Remember free AVG today.

birdface 16:38 31 Aug 2010

Got my code today for it.
Just a matter of deciding when to download and run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?