works word processor wont accept 'paste' words

deejo 18:52 01 May 2009

Hi there, looking for a bit of advice, for some reason my microsoft works word processor wont accept any words at all when I try to paste them into a document, I get an error message that says "the info you copied exceeds the limit for pasting into a word processor, try reducing the size of your selection then copy and paste again"
. Well I have reduced it down to one word and it stil shows this message, can you give me an idea as to how to correct this problem
thanks!!!
Dee

Kaacee 20:06 01 May 2009

Cant really help but i just copied and pasted your post into word without a problem.

Sea Urchin 12:03 02 May 2009

I assume you are copying from a web-page when this happens. Instead of using the 'Paste' command click on the Edit menu and then Paste Special. Select Unformatted Text in that box and click OK.

deejo 12:13 02 May 2009

Hooray sea urchin that has worked, I wonder why it has just started to do this? it has been ok up till now when I copy text from a web page.
thanks a lot!

Sea Urchin 12:27 02 May 2009

This is Microsoft's explanation of the problem - although it is fairly out-of-date it is still relevant to your problem.

click here

Maybe you have gone on to a new browser - perhaps IE6 to IE7 (or even to IE8)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?