Works Update

thumbscrew 23:25 14 Aug 2008

Today I downloaded the latest XP updates.All went in except Microsoft Works. I was told to insert the disc for this and click ok. Did this but it still wouldn't update. Can anyone help?

woodchip 23:49 14 Aug 2008

Probable cos its oem

thumbscrew 00:36 15 Aug 2008

Hello pal...oem??

MCE2K5 01:04 15 Aug 2008

You need the 8.5 Upgrade First.

Download this works8.exe from click here Click on (Download Now) link that is underlined.

I had to use WinRar to expand the files to a directory on the C: Drive, I.E. C:\Works 8.5 Update.

Run the Windows Update again and when it asks for the disk with Works8.msi on it, Browse to the directory where you put those Expanded files, on mine it was C:\Works 8.5 Update

when you get to the directory the file Works8.msi
shows up, click ok and off you go.

sunny staines 13:16 15 Aug 2008

see this to solve no cd for works it worked for me
click here

thumbscrew 20:56 15 Aug 2008

Hey thanks everyone, I don't really know why I'm bothering....I rarely use Works, but somehow my lack of success is annoying me!
Not too technical please, but...I've inserted my Microsoft discs as they demand and zilch??? Nothing happens, no reponse, not at home...zero. Checked my DVD player with other discs and they all load perfectly, just not the Works CDs????

thumbscrew 21:07 17 Aug 2008

Ok I give up, I can't download the latest Works update, won't work. My installation discs are dead...nothing happens. However, I didn't want the update really, but I keep getting the annoying warnings and pop-ups each time I boot up. Right clicking on the symbol only brings up the update...which won't go in so, does anyone know how to remove this annoying warning permanently?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?