Works 2003 Spell check Problem

ray27 10:28 22 May 2003

Hi can anyone tell me how to get the spell checker to work in MS works . I have created an address using the templates but when typing the body of the text the spell checker keeps stating thet it has checked it and it is fine but has not checked text in commas (I deliberatly mispell just to check so I know it isn't correct). I only seem to get this problem with the address feature in letters all the other tasks seem to be OK.I have checked that it is set to auto correct and it is.
any ideas?

Djohn 11:39 22 May 2003

Open word, then click on tools/options/spelling & grammar. Maybe you have the check box, "Ignore addresses, and also numbers, and capital letters ticked. If so un-tick, then I think it will do what you are asking. J.

ray27 12:03 22 May 2003

I tried that what you sugested and unticked the box's but its still the same.
I have a saved letter that I managed to get it working OK (but dont ask me how)in but if I delete the body of the text and just leave the address in and retype another letter it just says spell check ok(as I said before I deliberatly mispell words to check that its working which is not realy a bother with my typing )I have tried making another template of my address but it always ends up with the same result.

ibum 14:33 20 Jun 2003

Ray I am also having problems with Works 2003 spell checker. When I use the letter wizard in Works to create a letter spel check doesn't work. If I go directly to Word the spel checker works just fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?