WORK SUITE 2000

JAMSARNNIE 01:03 11 Nov 2003

Can anyone tell me if and where I can purchase disc 5 for worksuite 2000, I have tried all the obvious places, ie. Gateway (manufacturer of my pc) Microsoft, and a few other software suppliers.
would be grateful for any advice.
JAMSARNNIE.

mole44 07:59 11 Nov 2003

try looking in amazon they have all the info you need there

JAMSARNNIE 22:06 12 Nov 2003

tried Amazon with no joy, they could only offer me the full programme for 2004.
Thanks a lot anyway.

Djohn 22:17 12 Nov 2003

What's missing by not having disk 5? and is 2004 version not right for you. j.

JAMSARNNIE 21:40 13 Nov 2003

H1! Djohn, I am missing the templates for various projects such as posters, news letters, postcards etc. Whenever I try to use any of these with microsoft publisher I get a message to insert disc 5 which of course I can't as mine is damaged, this is why I'm looking for a replacement.

Djohn 22:10 13 Nov 2003

I'm a Little confused. Isn't publisher a stand-alone program? Do you mean Office 2000 and not "Works suite 2000".

JAMSARNNIE 22:20 13 Nov 2003

uh uh, when I bought the computer it came with 8 discs for work suite 200 all with various programmes such as incarta, atlas, publishing, unfortuatly being a complete novice I didn't save them or made back-ups, to put it bluntly if a disc got damaged I was knackered to say the least,
anyway looks like I'll have to fork out for a complete worksuite programme as I have been seeking this elusive disc for about 3 months to no avail

VoG II 22:31 13 Nov 2003

I'm as confused as Djohn (probably more so...).

I did not think that Publisher was part of the Works suite. Indeed it is not included in the Standard Edition of Office.

Have you tried going to Microsoft's site and looking for free download templaters - there are loads.

Border View 22:46 13 Nov 2003

Disc 5 of Works Suite 2000 is Microsoft Home Publishing Designs and Art. I have it here before me as I type.

VoG II 22:53 13 Nov 2003

Ah, thanks. The mist is clearing. So not the same as Publisher (a DTP program which cost me the best part of £100).

JAMSARNNIE 22:59 13 Nov 2003

Thank you Barmoor, I was begining to doubt my sanity when no-one else has heard of this elusive disc or programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?