Wordpro to Word

block 11:56 04 Aug 2003

Does anone know how to convert a LWP file to Word .
I have some old LWP files on floppy ( 97 I think) but I don't have Lotus sotware anymore. I run Office 2000 on Windows Me, but I do have a copy of Office 97. Is there any chance of converting LWP. Is ther an old copy of Smartsuite or Wordpro anywhere. I can't find any downloads for them.Please can anyone help?
Many thanks.

Djohn 12:28 04 Aug 2003

If no one comes up with a better answer, I have the full program, "Word-Pro 97" from a PCA cover disk. Click on the envelope next to my name, drop me an e-mail with your address and i'll pop it in the post to you. Regards. j.

Djohn 13:26 04 Aug 2003

It's in the post. j.

Jim Suter 14:56 04 Aug 2003

I have a program (created by Microsoft) that I used to convert AmiPro (earlier version of WordPro) to Ms Word 2000. Not sure if it will work with WordPro. It's a 12MB file so if you want it give me your address and I'll send it to you on CD. Alternatively try the Microsoft site.

Jim Suter [email protected]

DieSse 15:22 04 Aug 2003

When I did mine, some moons ago, I converted the WordPro files to Word Perfect, then let Word open the Word Perfect files, which it did quite happily.

If WordPro will output in rtf (rich text fromat) - then Word should also happily open those too.

DieSse 15:23 04 Aug 2003

But ... Sorry - I see you no longer have Wordpro.

Djohn 15:49 04 Aug 2003

He will have tomorrow, popped one in the post to him. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)