Word wont open Works WP files

hawthorn59 15:42 21 Feb 2006

Hi.
Since I reformatted my laptop I have to use Microsoft Works 7 as I cant find the DVD for my WorksSuite 2005 :( I hope I will find it eventually. My problem is Ive sent a file created in Works WP (which is actually called Microsoft Works Word processer) and sent it to a few people and their Word wont open it.

I would have thought as MS were more or less saying that Works had the Word processor that MS Word would open the files. But no, it seems it wont.

If I cant find my works suite, isnt there a free office type programme? Does it do the same as Office and more importantly will it let you imprt and export your files to people using MS Word or Office?

Forum Editor 15:59 21 Feb 2006

will open MS Works files quite happily - whether version 4.0, 6.0 or 7.0

Alternatively, your 'few people' could download a free Word 2003 document viewer, that will allow them to read your Works 7.0 files.

They can get that if they click here

Failing that, you can download a free Office suite that will do just about everything MS Office can do (without all the complex bells and whistles). You can save your files as Word docs, and you can open Word docs.

click here to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?