Word spreadsheet

ponytail 21:45 14 Feb 2008

My wife is trying to do a spreadsheet using word 2007.Last night we found out what to do but cannot now find the section to click on.I need to find a section called design and then click on shading how and where do I find these sections of word 2007

Eric10 22:26 14 Feb 2008

Word 2007 is the wordprocessor in Microsoft Office 2007. The Office 2007 spreadsheet program is called Excel. The Office 2007 database program is called Access and this has a Design feature. Can you clarify which program you are actually using?
If she is definitely trying to create a spreadsheet then she should be using Excel.

VoG II 22:26 14 Feb 2008

Spreadsheets are created using Excel, not Word. Neither Word nor Excel has a tab called design.

You will have to provide a lot more information.

mammak 22:36 14 Feb 2008

Access (Database ) sounds more like what your looking for, you will find Design view in Access.

mammak 22:39 14 Feb 2008

Sorry Eric10 hadn't noticed you had already explained that.

lotvic 23:39 14 Feb 2008

free tutorials, training and 'help and How-to' section on Microsoft Office website click here

wee eddie 11:42 15 Feb 2008

You have said that your wife is trying to write a Spreadsheet and she is trying to do so in Word.

This suggests that both she and you are fairly short of experience in this particular matter.

What is she trying to achieve with this Spreadsheet. It is possible to make Tables in Word which can be persuaded to perform certain simple (spreadsheet-like) functions.

If you could expand a little, maybe we can help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?