word spacing

roymack 22:03 25 Mar 2007

Am having trouble with my word processing.
When i type and finish a word and click the space bar, it goes forward 1 space and then 4 quick spaces in WORD and also in Outlook Express.
I must have inadvertantly clicked on something but i can't find it anywhere, can anybody help.

RoyMack

Diodorus Siculus 22:08 25 Mar 2007

Have a look in tools, auto-correct and see what is there with a blank space; could be something added there.

For example, you can tell auto-correct to replace x with y so somehow it may be replacing [space] with [space space space space space].

Just a thought...

woodchip 22:20 25 Mar 2007

There should be a Default Document that you can create, so that when you click new it goes back to defaults. I use Corel WordPerfect 8 Mine is under File\Document\Currant Document Style

roymack 22:29 25 Mar 2007

have been into autocorrect but nothing seems to make any difference
this is the spacing after everyword.
Thanks fortrying anyway
roymack

woodchip 22:33 25 Mar 2007

Why not check the Help out, for Word Spacing

woodchip 22:36 25 Mar 2007

Why not check the Help out, for Word Spacing or look for Kerning

roymack 22:44 25 Mar 2007

Have loaded a form letter that I have used for over a year and it is doing the same thing in that, does not seem to have a default page
thanks

RoyMack

Diodorus Siculus 07:53 26 Mar 2007

Try deleting the normal template - find a file called "normal.dot" and rename to normal.old

Start word and it will recreate the file for you.

Abel 08:10 26 Mar 2007

If your problem is in Word, have you tried Format/Font/Character Spacing which, for example, should be: Scale 100%,Spacing Normal, Position normal.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?