word rulers

conrail 10:17 21 Sep 2010

using vista home premium 64 bit sp2 with office xp, in word I would like to create name cards for a dinner table, I want them A4 with but 4 per A4 size, I need to make them all the same size, how can I get the left hand ruler close to the side of the work area page? all help gratefully accepted

wiz-king 10:24 21 Sep 2010

Set up a table 2 rows x 2 columns, set our one then copy to the others

woodchip 11:49 21 Sep 2010

I do not use Word, mine is WordPerfect but it comes under Format/Page/Margins or it can be done in page layout

woodchip 11:51 21 Sep 2010

plus can just drag the margins, as mine can be seen but they do not print

Diemmess 12:17 21 Sep 2010

I often go to the table method as a quick way out.

You can also format the page (in landscape) so that there are two columns.

Then type the first column with the name as you would like it to be, centred in that column.

Make as many line returns as you need to place the second name.

Alt+i b, c, and Enter will put you straight to the top of the second column, treat it like the first.

After the last of four names, press Alt+i b, Enter and the next page will open at the top of a new column, and so on.

conrail 12:19 21 Sep 2010

thanks guys, one way I can do it is to view the page at 200%, but that doesn't allow me to view the whole page at a time thanks wiz-king, I have tried that and now it is sorted,
I appreciate allyou help and advice, many thanks

conrail 12:20 21 Sep 2010

sorry Diemmess, saw yours after last costing, I will also give that a try

woodchip 14:25 21 Sep 2010

If you change the Page size so it fits your screen. Set Margins as needed Also choose Label with four on a A4 Page. When you have created the first label press Ctrl+Enter this will show a new Page Each time you do it so all fit a A4 when you print it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?