Word problems 2002 xp

i am having major problems getting word to print correctly,my document fits the screen but when printed/previewed it takes about 2/3 of the sheet
please help.got to get this done,also tried reinstalling it

Diodorus Siculus 21:55 17 Jan 2005

Have you the correct paper size selected?

VoG II 21:55 17 Jan 2005

Tools/Options, View tab. Under Formatting marks tick All. You should now be able to see if there are page breaks etc. that are causing this.

hey vog,thats a start,had a strange cursor with like a capitalt in front of it with lots of strange characters,although print preview is no looking good.checked every box, then tried the "all" box only

if i click file/print preview it shows full coverage on the paper.if i click the printer icon in word and then a different preview window opens showing only 2/3 paper coverage

VoG II 22:22 17 Jan 2005

Did you check paper size as Diodorus Siculus advised?

yes vog i did a quick test which behaves as i posted before with two diffent print previews,thanks anyway Diodorus Siculus,i just checked page set up and set to A4,i think its default is letter 8 1/2 x 11",file/print preview showws full width/length coverage,clicking the printer icon in the top word tool bar previews a pge wit about 70% coverage starting top left of the A4 and this is the image i print,im using an epson CX6400.im miffed

Got it, second preview is epson, so printer properties is reducing/enlarging by % and not paper size, % was set at 80%. Cheers Diodorus Siculus, Cheers VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?