Word Problems

Stirkius 06:30 24 Mar 2005

When opening Word I get the following error message - "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resources that is unavaiable" ....

I cannot download the followinf files that the machines asks for C:\programefiles\officeupdate\cabs\511735 as although I have an original Office 2003 CD with key I am unsure where the fiels are.

I have tried to uninstall cia ctrl panel / add reomove programmes (to re-install Word) but just get error messages shown above ...

Yoda Knight 07:43 24 Mar 2005

Sounds like it could be to do with an update off the web that maybe went wrong ? Have you tried installing the service packs and updates ?

octal 08:04 24 Mar 2005

Something that Yoda Knight said there rang some bells, are you sure you copy of Office 2003 is legitimate? There have been some pirated copies around and when you try and update them the download disables your copy. Please don't take this the wrong way, I not accusing you of anything underhand, its just that you can buy copies in good faith only to find its not what you think it is. I might be completely of beam, if I am I apologise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone