word problem

Jayne doe 08:34 05 Apr 2005

Hi all. A small problem with WORD 2000. The kids were using it and somehow they have managed to remove all the toolbars, yes all of them. How do I get them back please.? The help file says to go to view and choose toolbars but all the toolbars are missing including the basic one. All I get is a blank sheet. I have tried ctrl , shift etc with all the letter combinations to see if I could get the main bar to reappear but with no success. I then tried reinstalling office over the top of existing one but Word still comes up the same. Anyonw know how to get them back please? Thanks
Jayne.

recap 08:37 05 Apr 2005

If you have the file menu still in view, go to Help/Detect and Repair, this may get them back for you. Have the Office disc at hand as it may be needed.

Diodorus Siculus 08:45 05 Apr 2005

Do you have file, edit view, etc? If so, right click beside it and choose the ones you want.

Diodorus Siculus 08:55 05 Apr 2005

Deleting the normal template may also help:
search for normal.dot and delete it; restart word.

Eric10 09:30 05 Apr 2005

If it's as simple as the view being changed to "full screen" then press ALT+V to show the view menu then press "U" to get normal view back. If this doesn't help then click here to check other possible solutions.

Jayne doe 10:10 05 Apr 2005

Do you have file, edit view, etc? These are available ALL menus have gone. Also alt and V and U dont work either. That was the first thing I treid. I am currently look at the link you sent thanks. Jayne

Diemmess 10:36 05 Apr 2005

The normal.dot template can be corrupted. ...... Deletion is simple, and next time Word starts a brand new copy is built.

Have seen this problem twice now. Each time the user had tried reinstallation without success, and 2 minutes is all it takes to be up and running again.

Eric10 10:51 05 Apr 2005

If deleting Normal.dot doesn't work then go straight to the Registry Fix near the bottom of the link I provided. This has never failed for me but backup the registry first.

Diodorus Siculus 14:38 05 Apr 2005

[quote] Do you have file, edit view, etc? These are available ALL menus have gone.[/quote]

What are available?

Jayne doe 14:44 05 Apr 2005

thanks guys deleting the normal. seemed to wotk Thanks. Jayne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires