Word to pdf problem

edenworkshops 17:04 12 Jul 2008

Hello

I have some word documents that I want to change into .pdf's.

I cannot afford acrobat and have tried a couple of pieces of software that said they could do it.

With one software the converted file was 6.5mb more than 15 times what it should be.

In another it did not reproduce the links in the document.

So has anyone been this route and found the right software for the job...which is acrobat I suppose with it;s hefty price tag.

Thank you

Richard

Ditch999 17:09 12 Jul 2008

PDF Factory Pro click here and it has the security features in it you are looking.

edenworkshops 17:14 12 Jul 2008

The software costs $99.00

I only have 5 word documents I need converting, I had hoped their would have been some freeware or shareware that could do the job.

Richard

P.S. I don't understand what security features you mean, I didn't mention this.

Ditch999 17:19 12 Jul 2008

If you dont mind an advertising banner on the pdf its free. The ordinary PDF Factory would suffice.
If you use Word 2007 you can download a free PDF converter from Microsoft.

dogbreath1 17:27 12 Jul 2008

Use PDF-T-MAKER. It's free, it works (coz I use it frequently) and it preserves hyperlinks.

click here

* Headings into bookmarks (section numbers are passed on into the bookmarks; all bookmarks from a certain level may be enfolded — so that only the most upper levels are visible to enhance the clarity especially with long bookmark lists)
* Document internal and external links to PDF hyperlinks (including links into the internet)
* Lists of contents into PDF hyperlinks
* WinWord footnote and endnote links into PDF hyperlinks
* WinWord comments into PDF notes
* WinWord text boxes to PDF threads
* WinWord document info into PDF document info
* Word index entries into bookmarks (actually, why has no-one yet conceived the idea to convert the index into bookmarks? — at least we do not know of any other program that could do this)

GroupFC 19:44 12 Jul 2008

Another possiblity is to use OpenOffice. You can load word documents into this and then export as a pdf.

DieSse 20:10 12 Jul 2008

I use Primopdf - it's free, you can adjust the quality (and therefore the file size) for both text and graphics elements, set security, it preserves links, has no watermarks or ad banners. Serves me exactly what I need - I've dine 100s of files, which are served up on the web.

click here

bretsky 22:41 12 Jul 2008

No ads, no banners just a great little free pdf printer click here

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?