word pad

funnybone 13:20 12 Mar 2005

I have typed my accounts in word pad because my freind installed windows XP, so I lost ma word and I said before i CANNOT AFFORD word at moment.
Is there any way I can email my information in word pad. I expect not as it seems to be limited to just typing things, not like wordi.e send to.

VoG II 13:22 12 Mar 2005

Save the WordPad file.

Create a new e-mail message. Add the WordPad file as an attachment.

FelixTCat 13:36 12 Mar 2005

Your previous version of Word should work in XP. Just reinstall it.

ethelene 13:48 12 Mar 2005

You could try the free open-office which includes a close copy of word and excel. It's shareware and recommended by The Gadget Show.

Pesala 15:51 12 Mar 2005

If you like Wordpad because it is simple, but need just a bit more power, try Jarte. click here It uses the Wordpad engine, but adds some useful extras like Spell-check, paper colours, zoom, remember workspace, etc.

Open Office is fine, if you can stand the big download, and steep learning curve. MS Works Suite would be a better choice.

bobbybowls 16:17 12 Mar 2005

please continue other thread
click here
it is not very helpfull to have multiple postings

Belatucadrus 18:21 13 Mar 2005

Open your document in Wordpad then go to :-
File / Send this will open outlook express with the document as an attachment.

However the links you have been given are to a variety of FREE word processors and Office suites, all of which will handle Word documents and will be a marked improvement on Wordpad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?