Word help please

  Newuser2533 12:24 01 Jul 2007

My daughter has done something on her computer so every time she writes in word a "pl" appears ( the "p" should be viewed as backward but I couldn't find a key)
It appears at the start of the document and keeps coming up on each line.
The answer is probabley simple but I don't know it.
Help please.

  pj123 13:30 01 Jul 2007

The sign you are talking about is the character for the start of a paragraph. It can be shown or hidden. It doesn't print.

In the View Menu there should be Show All. If there is and it is ticked just untick it.

Alternatively, the same sign might be in the icon bar underneath the menu bar. Again, if it is, just click on it.

  Woolwell 13:31 01 Jul 2007

She has almost certainly toggled on the button which shows specs and paragraphs. Look to the left of the zoom figure on the toolbar.

  Woolwell 13:32 01 Jul 2007

Can't type - should be spaces not specs. (Couldn't see my mistake either!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017