Word Doc Creation confirmation.

gengiscant 08:43 12 Sep 2010

Am I correct in that when a word doc is created for the first time,its creation date is shown in the right click/properties menu.

The reason I ask is that in an ongoing dispute with my local NHS trust I have obtained copies of letters,under the Data protection act,and one is undated.This is a vital document. The trust say that the letter was written and sent on a particular date and I dispute it. Why is it not dated? But it occurred to me that I could possible verify the creation of the said document by the above means.

Over to you to confirm of tell me I am wrong.

Taff™ 09:39 12 Sep 2010

You are correct but there`s a snag. If the document has been archived or moved to another computer the creation date will be wrong. For example, I`ve just opened the properties of one of my own documents from 2008 and the creation date is in May 2010 when I transferred to a new computer. The modified date looks about right and last accessed date was a year later when I used that document as a template for the following year.

Not particularly conclusive.

Isn`t there a NHS reference number on the document that might pin down the date? Is it a "standard" letter or one that would have had to have been written specifically for the recipient? How can the NHS prove it was sent after it was created?

gengiscant 09:53 12 Sep 2010

Thanks for your input, I very much doubt that the document has been moved or archived as we are only talking a few weeks ago.But as the letter was not actually sent to me,I should be able to confirm its delivery date with the recipient.
The ref number or CHI has no bearing on the date of any document.

I suspect that if I indicate that the method I described to verify the document is proof,then I feel that suddenly they will discover that the letter was not actually written on the date they said and that it was a 'computer error' and they will apologize for the wrong information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?