Word 2010 formating

Furkin 09:58 04 Apr 2011

Since upgrading to from Office 2003 to Office 2010, the default page size in Word has gone from A4 to Letter.
That in its self is bad enough, but what seems to have happened is that everything in my Saved folders has automatically been re formatted to fit Letter size.
When I go to resize a page to A4, I have to rearrange everything to fit.

Is there a way round this please ?

Eric10 10:14 04 Apr 2011

Try this:
Open Word 2010 and go to File, Print, then "Page Setup" at the bottom. Click the Paper tab and set the size to A4 then click the "Set As Default" button. Accept the change in the next dialogue box and I think that should do it.

Furkin 10:19 04 Apr 2011

Thanks Eric,
I did that last week. It's s'posed to be the default from now on, but when I open a stored letter/letterhead etc, it still comes up as Letter size.
Nothing previously was ever written or saved as Letter,,,, only A4.
cheers

BrendanKK 09:36 08 Apr 2011

1.Launch Microsoft Word 2010 on your computer.
2.Go to Page Layout ribbon
3.Click on the small arrow on the bottom right corner of the Page Layout Tab
4.Choose Paper Tab and set Paper Size to A4
5.Click Default and choose yes.

Furkin 22:15 13 Apr 2011

Thanks Brendan,,,, but see Erics message,,,, & my reply. Thanks for your input though. Baz

Peter 00:19 14 Apr 2011

I think that setting the default page layout to A4 will only affect new documents. It will not retrospectively alter old documents when you re-open them. You will need to re-open them, set the page layout to A4 and then re-save the document for the A4 page layout to stick.

Peter.

Furkin 09:23 14 Apr 2011

Thanks Peter. That's what I've been doing. What I can't understand, is why all my saved files - all saved in A4 size - have suddenly become 'letter' size. I've never used or saved letter size.

Does anyone know if this is a default of Office 2010 ?

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone