Word 2007 Read only file

shellship 18:45 16 May 2009

A friend who has Word 2007 was working on a document which "suddenly became Read Only". He did not know how to change it back. I only know about Word 2003 but tried to go through the Properties bit (when I found it) only to find it was not Read Only. Tried to change to Read Only and then back to non-Read Only but no joy. He is doing his nut and I just do not know how to help him. Anyone out there able to assist please.

VoG II 18:53 16 May 2009

He should be able to click the Office button (top left), select Save As and save with a different filename.

robin_x 18:58 16 May 2009

File Unlocker click here

OTT_Buzzard 19:12 16 May 2009

It may be that your friend has another copy of the file open somewhere in memory which would result in the next copy being read-only. A simple save and reboot would fix this.

shellship 21:08 16 May 2009

You are so clever. I had a phone call which said he had shut down and, miraculously, all was well. i got the credit but I didn't do anything! All I can ask is how did the other copy get into memory and where was it? Never mind - will mark as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?