Word 2007 Problem

Chas49 20:27 20 Sep 2010

I have many PDF files which I wish to catalogue in Word 2007. They are listed and then hyperlinked to the actual files.

In my old computer clicking the hyperlink did its job and the file appeared. In my new computer this does not work, instead a box comes up saying that no program is registered to do the job.

Both machines have Win7 and Adobe Reader (8 in the case of the one which works - the other has Adobe 9) - but is that the reason for this problem - how do you register a program to open PDF files from Word? The PDF files were made with Word 2007

Anyone know the answer to this please?

Fermat's Theorem 20:57 20 Sep 2010

In Word 2007 I just list the files and then create the respective hyperlinks for them.

To create the hyperlink, click on the Insert Tab, then on the Hyperlink icon in the Links section, while highlighting the relevant item in the list. Choose the file (pdf or other) to be hyperlinked and the hyperlink will be created.

I find that unless I actually publish the Word document, I need to hold down the Control button while clicking on the hyperlink in order to open it.

Hope this helps :-)

Chas49 00:33 21 Sep 2010

Fermat's Theorem:

Yes, that's the way I do it too!

but I get a box coming up (after I Control and Left Click) saying that there is no program is registered to do the job. Strange!!

Chas49 12:24 21 Sep 2010

Fermat's Theorem:

The problem was with the Adobe 9.

By swapping to Foxit Reader the problem has been solved.

Fermat's Theorem 21:09 21 Sep 2010

it's sorted for you.

Thanks for fhe feedback :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?