word 2007 layout problem with ?margins

sheila.weston 17:20 01 Jan 2012
Answered

I have just opened a M/S Word2007 document which I created a week ago. Some of the pages look as if there should be two columns and the existing script is in the right hand column. I have checked the columns option and it is set to ONE column. I have checked the margins option and it shows normal. I have tried using the format painter from another page which looks correct - no luck. I have the paragraph marks showing and everything looks correct. I tried copying the wrong pages and pasting them into a new document, but it is still wrong.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to correct this, please?

Woolwell 18:56 01 Jan 2012

With the ruler showing is there any hanging indent?

sheila.weston 11:20 03 Jan 2012

Yes, it showed a stop above where the 'margin' was.

Now, I can't find my document at the moment but, I am almost sure that I tried moving the 'tab stopper' and it didn't affect the margin. Should it have done?

Woolwell 11:34 03 Jan 2012
Answer

Try entering the paragraph settings and see what alignment and indentation is set.

sheila.weston 17:17 03 Jan 2012

I've found it now. Yes, there is a 'stop' above where the margin is. Moving it to the left (back to '0') does not make any difference. The para style shows the left indent to be 5cms, so I have changed it back to 0, which is OK now. Thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017