Word 2003 language keeps resetting to US English!

Photographica1 21:53 17 Sep 2005

Hi all, this is very frustrating. Contrary to MS's belief, I wish to use the correct english spelling for the UK!
Try as I might I cannot get Word 2003 to remember this fact. It keeps reseting to US English.
I have checked the regional language settings, its set to UK.
I Have tried to set the default language within word to UK, it accepts it then resets to US!

There must be a way to stop this happening, what is the point of a very powerful word processor that will not do as you ask?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PA28 22:35 17 Sep 2005

Make sure that the language is set to UK English in respect of the file Normal.dot

wiz-king 08:17 18 Sep 2005

I think any document you have created useing the US dictionary will default to that one when opened, make the change to UK and resave.

Mad Mick 08:46 18 Sep 2005

Try This
You can change your default settings in Microsoft Office to have them match the default settings of a different language.

In Microsoft Windows XP, on the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.

In Windows 2000, on the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings

Click the Enabled Languages tab.
In the Choose the language that defines default behavior in Microsoft Office applications box, select the language you want, and then click OK.

A message appears describing the effects of the change. To continue, click Continue and lose customizations.

Also make sure you go to Control Panel and under Regional And Language Options set the Regional Option to English ( United Kingdom)

sidecar sid 09:50 18 Sep 2005
  Photographica1 10:14 18 Sep 2005

Hi all,

Problem solved thanks to you help, thanks, the setting had to be changed in the office 2003 part of the start menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017