Word 2003, help with please.

ianeon 14:14 21 Sep 2007

Good morning - I would like some help with this problem please - I run Office 2003 - I have a Word document which is 53 pages long - I wish to delete some of these pages - but I don't know how to - will someone explain how to - Thank you for your time - Ian

Technotiger 14:24 21 Sep 2007

Highlight the parts to be deleted by dragging mouse cursor across page, then press Del on keyboard.

Technotiger 14:26 21 Sep 2007

PS - while holding down left mouse button :-)

VoG II 14:37 21 Sep 2007

If the sections that you wish to delete are quite long, you may find difficulty in that the document may scroll way past where you wanted. To overcome this

Left click at the start of the text to be deleted.

Scroll down to the end of the section to be deleted, hold down the Shift key and left click.

Press the Delete key.

ianeon 16:16 21 Sep 2007

Thank you for those ideas - but they only remove the text on the page - Its the actual page that I want to remove - Ian

namtas 16:21 21 Sep 2007

Make sure you're in normal view (normal view: A view that shows text formatting and a simplified page layout. Normal view is convenient for most editing and formatting tasks.) (on the View menu, click Normal). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (¶), are not visible, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark Button image on the Standard toolbar, and then do one of the following:

* To delete a page manually, select the page break at the end of the page, and then press DELETE.
* To delete a blank page at the end of the document, select the page break or any paragraph markers (¶) at the end of the document, and then press DELETE.
* To delete a page break placed before a specific paragraph, click the paragraph, and then on the Format menu, click Paragraph, click the Line and Page Breaks tab, and then clear the Page break before check box.

Technotiger 16:32 21 Sep 2007

Hmm, from what I can find out it appears that deleting a page is like making a Section Break - but I might be wrong, try experimenting ...

click here

Technotiger 16:34 21 Sep 2007

Looks like I was on the right lines, did not see namtas suggestion until I posted my response ...

ianeon 16:59 21 Sep 2007

"namtas" thank you for that - I shall struggle with it - can't quite get it to work - lol

Sea Urchin 17:34 21 Sep 2007

I use Office 2003 and I have just opened a 14 page document and, as described by VoG™ above, I deleted the text from pages 7 and 8. I am now left with a 12 page document - as far as I am concerned if you have no text you have no page.

lotvic 19:31 21 Sep 2007

Sea Urchin that works if you have no blank lines

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?