Word 2003 File Corruption

SeatonSnipe 14:01 31 Dec 2008

Whenever I open a doc in Word 2003,which has a table and/or a drawing which I then modify, the file or tmp file cannot be saved, it comes up with either an error stating no permission or stating that the table is corrupted. The end result is that I either lose the whole file or sometimes just the table/drawing, since it merely saves to a tmp file with nothing in it and the original disappears. This has only started happening in the last 2 months. Prior to that - no problem. I run XP Pro with SP3 and have Office 2003. Any ideas please?

Sea Urchin 15:45 31 Dec 2008

I have just had problems with Word 2003 - with saving documents and other annoyances. I tried Detect and Repair on the Help menu - then repairing from the disk - deleting Normal.dot - system restore but still no improvement. So in the end I simply uninstalled Word via Add/Remove Programs, ran a cleanup with CCleaner, and then reinstalled. Now works perfectly again.

SeatonSnipe 18:20 31 Dec 2008

Thanks for this Sea Urchin. Since my initial post, I have been told it could to do with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 which I recently upgraded. The advice is to include Word in the Trusted Zone, so I am going to try this and if no joy will try CCleaner as you advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?