Word 2003 custom label filename

old_codger 16:47 06 May 2010

Hi,
Does anybody know the Word file-name or extension type for above? I made a custom label on my old PC and it printed OK. I now have a new PC and have done a clean install of XP Pro & Office Basic 2003, etc.

I transferred all my user .doc, .pst, & .xls files OK. I went to print a label and of course it wasn't there to select. It means me having to measure the label sheet and enter all the particulars over again. Unless somebody has trod this path before and knows the answer!

Pineman100 17:25 06 May 2010

Hello old_codger (from one to another!).

I don't know the precise answer to your question (unless custom labels are stored as a Word template - it might be worth having a look).

But as an alternative solution, are you using Avery labels? If so, there's a Word add-on that you can download free, which enables you to format your label print for any standard Avery label.

click here

Sea Urchin 18:34 06 May 2010

Avery label formats are already part of Word under Tools - Letter and Mailings - Envelopes and Labels - Labels tab and Options. Select from Avery A4 and A5 sizes or Avery Standard.

However, if it is not a standard size (and there are a lot to choose from) I think that you would have to re-input the details as a Custom label.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone