Word 2003

Les 15:15 14 May 2007

A small problem has arisen.

I had to reload Excel Office 2003 and since the mouse wheel does not scroll a page. What could have possibly happened. Is there a control in need of enabling to get the mouse wheel operating again. I haven't been able to find such a control - any help please?

Les 15:19 14 May 2007

Wouldn't you know it - after typing the above I went back into my document and the wheel was working OK? I didn't do anything other than click out of the document, type the message, and then click back in. Curious!

Pineman100 17:12 14 May 2007

It's a function built into Office 2003.

It's designed not to work until the user's temperature reaches 5 degrees above normal. ;-)

Les 20:28 14 May 2007

"It's designed not to work until the user's temperature reaches 5 degrees above normal"

Bustin' my sides with laughter. <lol) - I needed a good laugh - thanks!

Had one last night when my neighbour's lad was on MSN Messenger - I saw him reboot and asked him why - he replied that MSN was 'playing up', then, when it had rebooted and he entered MSN aqain it didn't work at all. So, he turned to me and said 'It's not working Les' - I had noticed that the modem LED's had gone out - I pointed this out to him - his face went white and asked 'is it broke?' - well, I said, it looks that way. I checked the connections on the modem, they were OK. went under the desk to check the power plugs in the strip - one was loose - pushing it further in restored the modem to life - the relief on his face was a sight worth seeing. He had kicked the plug loose without realising it - the strip now rests on a box out of harm's way.

Pineman100 18:29 15 May 2007

Trouble is, he's now going to regard you as "Mr Fixit" for any and all computer problems!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone