Word 2000 queries

Phlomis 18:45 25 Sep 2003

I have updated from Windows 95 to Windows XP. My Word 2000 is reacting differently and I can't find out which options to change.

1) When I highlight a word or phrase and hit delete, nothing happens and I have to hit "Y" for the action to be completed. How do I get back to normal deletion with the delete button?

2) When I open a word document attached to a Eudora email, I can't make any changes without going throuh Ctrl/Alt/Del which then frees the system up.

None of this happened under Windows 95.

MAJ 20:25 25 Sep 2003

Have you tried the "Detect and Repair" option on the Help menu in Word. Another thing that causes a lot of trouble in Word 2000 is corrupt Normal.dot file, this is the file that Word uses when it starts. To correct the Normal.dot file, do a search of your hard drive for it, sometimes you'll find more than one Normal.dot. Rename all Normal.dot files that you find (even if it's only one) to Oldnormal.dot and reboot your PC and restart Word. Word will create a new Normal.dot file on restart. Hopefully that might cure the problems you're having, Phlomis.

Phlomis 22:39 25 Sep 2003

Did both but neither worked I'm afraid. I still have to press "y" to delete something highlighted after pressing delete. And when I open a Word document attached to Eudora, I can't print directly (The top bar starts flashing) and I have to hit Crtl/Alt/Del to get it to work. It is perfectly OK if Word is opened on its own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?