Word 2000 Insert Problem

jaycup 20:32 02 Jan 2003
  jaycup 20:32 02 Jan 2003

I am trying to help a friend who after inserting a picture or a piece of clip-art in Word(2000), would like the option to 'rotate' the image. I run Word 2002 and it is quite easy in this program you can use the Draw button on the Draw Toolbar but in Word 2000 this option is 'greyed out' can anyone advise as to how to rotate an imported image or is this not an option. He has even updated to SP3 and still no lick.

Clivuus 21:01 02 Jan 2003

I have just tried rotating an inserted picture in Word 2000 and had the same greyed out buttons, until I tried editing the picture. Click on edit, then near the bottom is 'edit picture', from here you can then select the picture and the previously greyed out buttons all all available.
Hope this helps.

Andsome 21:04 02 Jan 2003

I also have Publisher, installed from the Office 2000 CD. I find that if I create a greeting card and insert clipart, I can rotate it in this program, then edit/copy, and past it into Word. Hope this helps.

Peter E 22:30 02 Jan 2003

...taken from Word MVP site.

A graphic can be switched between floating and inline states simply by right-clicking and choosing Format Picture, then:
Click the Layout tab, select a different Wrapping option to that of Inline, and click OK. Your graphic is now Floating.
Display the Drawing toolbar (View | Toolbars | Drawing).

Select your graphic.

Right click on your graphic and select Grouping | Ungroup.

Then right-click on the graphic again and select Grouping | Group.

The Rotate buttons on the Drawing toolbar should then become enabled.

Regards

jaycup 15:32 03 Jan 2003

Thanks for all the helpful advice, but it was only partly successful. First of all using clivuus's tip I could not get this to work at all as the rotate options were still
'greyed out'. Using Peter E's tip, this worked perfectly with clip-art images but would not work with jpeg or bitmap images. The ungroup/group options were 'greyed out'.
The Help files confirmed this and suggested using a photo-edit program to rotate or flip the image before transferring to Word. This function is all too easy in Office XP but I suppose this is 'progress'. Once again thanks for all the advice and I will close this discussion unles someone knows a way to "beat the system".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?