Won't maximise window

benson68 19:28 06 Mar 2006

I'm occasionally having trouble with windows that don't open full screen, & they also have the maximise icon "greyed" out.
There's a grocery magazine, for instance, that is unreadable as it is only about half-screen size.
There must be someway to alter this, as I spoke to the staff at this grocers, & they say that theirs opens full-screen.

watchful 19:57 06 Mar 2006

Have you tried 'stretching' the screen from the edges with your cursor on the arrows?

stalion 22:13 06 Mar 2006

drag all four sides to the edge of the screen and close the screen useing the file close and not the red x in the top right hand corner

Methedrine 12:53 07 Mar 2006

Double left click the title bar.

watchful 13:22 07 Mar 2006

Thanks for that. It's faster than 'stretching' if the maximize tab doesn't work :o)

Methedrine 15:02 07 Mar 2006

Please tick as resolved.

watchful 16:10 07 Mar 2006

I can't.....it's not my thread :o)

benson68 18:23 08 Mar 2006

Tried stretching -won't work.
Also double clicking title bar won't work.
When you "hover" around the corners, the double headed arrows appear, but don't work either!
This doesn't happen with every window, so I can't understand why it does with a couple of windows. As I've said, I've spoken to other customers / staff, & they don't have this problem, so it's not the site.

benson68 18:27 08 Mar 2006

Just to clarify the situation, I go onto the site,which opens in full screen, go to "click on here to view the mail offers" and it only opens up in a partial screen, with the "maximise" icon greyed out.

woodchip 18:48 08 Mar 2006

It sounds like a program that as the resolution lower than your screen res

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?