Won't boot - 'Check System Health!'

Radico 22:30 05 Oct 2006

When I turn the PC on, it gets as far as memory testing and then stops, saying 'Check System Health!' at the top - click here

Although the keyboard is plugged in and powered, the PC will not respond to anything. Please help!

handy4x 22:33 05 Oct 2006

could be a memory fault try removing and replacing the memory as this has solved problems for me in the past

Radico 19:45 11 Oct 2006

Tried replacing RAM but no luck. Even tried using a diffent stick in a slot that was previously unused. Could it be a fault with the motherboard? Would resetting the BIOS be worth trying?

johnnyrocker 19:49 11 Oct 2006

what about safe mode? and maybe system restore.

johnny.

DieSse 19:54 11 Oct 2006

Since this is a POST message, it's nothing to do with software.

I've never seen it before, but since System Health in the BIOS is related to fans, temperature, and power supply levels, I think these should be the first things to check. Possibly a fan has stopped working, or is running very slow.

Look in the BIOS at the System Health page.

DieSse 19:55 11 Oct 2006

*Look in the BIOS at the System Health page*

If you can get in whilst the RAM test is running! Otherwise you'll have to have a physical look.

Radico 20:42 11 Oct 2006

All fans appear to be running, and none slowly - they are: 1. PSU, 2. CPU, 3. Front case fan, and 4. Graphics card.

If you look at the link in my original post, it does have the option to enter setup by pressing delete - however doing so does nothing. The keyboard is plugged in and the lock lights work, suggesting that the keyboard should be working, but the pc just doesnt respond.

DieSse 22:32 11 Oct 2006

Try a CMOS reset as you suggested, in case the system health monitoring has somehow been corrupted.

If not, you'll have to try changing parts to troubleshoot. I would suggest the PSU as the more likely culprit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?