Wont boot up

loser7 17:24 02 Apr 2005

I swapped processors between two computers a 1.7 and 2.2 both these processors were apparently compatable with the other motherboards (i checked websites and manuals) however, the motherboard i put the 2.2 processor in will not boot up. It will switch on but it will not power up the monitor and i have to switch it off at the mains. I swapped them back and both the processors seem fine does anybody know whats wrong or how to fix this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:32 02 Apr 2005

Have you looked in the BIOS to see what needs altering to run the 2.2 processor.

What boards? what processors? give us a clue.

loser7 17:43 02 Apr 2005

dont know if your still there fruitbat the board is a gigabyte p4 titan series GA-8SG800 the processor is 2.2mhz celeron

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 02 Apr 2005

check the cpu frequency settings in the BIOS you took the 2.2 out of and set the frequency the same on the other board.

DieSse 20:02 02 Apr 2005

Intel processors should auto-detect and not require any jumper/switch/BIOS settings.

However, it would help if you could specify which motherboards and which processors, and which processor versions you are using.

DieSse 20:03 02 Apr 2005

PS - both lots, not just the one that doesn't work please.

loser7 20:27 02 Apr 2005

i know both the processors are p4 celeron. The motherboard that wont accept the 2.2 which actually turns out to be a 2.6 (sorry bout that) is a gigabyte p4 titan series GA-8SG800 the one i took it out of is a ASRock intel p4

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie